The challenge will run from the 1st to 16th of every month (it may be shorter.)
- Prompts – 1st – 15th
- Catch up on missed prompts 16th.
- Winner announcement between 17th and 20th of the month.
To participate in the #LifeofRealMoms Monthly Photo Challenge:
These are the general rules. Challenge and Prize Partner specific rules will vary month to month, so please take some time out to read those as well.
1. Have a PUBLIC Instagram account (so that hosts, sponsors, and other participants can see your entry). If you are not comfortable with making your current account public, you may create a new account just to play along.
2. Follow all hosts and all Prize Partners for that month.
3. Starting on the 1st of the month (till the 15th), using the prompt for that day as inspiration (interpret it any way you want), create only ONE new post for the prompt on Instagram each day.
Old photos are fine, but they have to be uploaded newly for the challenge. If hashtags are added to older posts, they will not be counted.
Only post photos that belong to you. If photos are from a photoshoot, make sure you have photographer’s permission to share.
Pictures used from Google Searches or on Pinterest will lead to disqualification.
DO NOT tag the hosts and /or sponsors in the photo or caption. We will visit the hashtag to check ALL entries.
4. As the challenge is called “Life of Real Moms,” the focus must be on being real whether in the photos itself, or in the caption.
Planned/staged photos are allowed.
Photos from professional cameras are allowed.
Photos from Photoshoots are allowed, provided you have the photographer’s permission to share with or without their watermark and/or credit.
Please feel free to use the space in the caption to share your version of reality. There’s no limit on the length of the caption, except that set by Instagram, and even then you can continue your caption in the comments.
5. Use both the hashtags for this challenge:
- MAIN HASHTAG: #LifeofRealMoms
- MONTHLY HASHTAG: #LORM_APR2018 [Please note that the monthly hashtag uses only the FIRST THREE LETTERS of the name of the month.]
6. Since the goal is to build a community and get to know each other, after posting, visit the Monthly Hashtag #LORM_APR2018 and comment on a few posts post posted before yours. While commenting, keep the following points in mind:
Though this is optional, it is highly encouraged , because otherwise the goal of community and getting to know others is defeated.
That you spend a few moments to read the caption in its entirety.
That you leave a genuine and thoughtful comment.
That the comment is at least one sentence long (longer than 4 words, excluding emojis.) We are here to get to know each other better. Even longer comments are more than welcome.
That you do not judge, quarrel with, or write anything hurtful to anyone despite your personal beliefs and opinions on the subject.
If you disagree with the caption or if the content of the caption is controversial, you may choose to say something nice about the picture instead. For example, if the caption talks about someone’s personal religious beliefs (that you may not agree with) and the picture is of their house or prayer room, you can say something nice about the decor of the room.
If you receive a comment that is, in your opinion, thoughtless, judgemental, or hurtful, please bring it to the attention of either of the hosts privately and we will deal with it.
Please note that a difference of opinion does not count as a hurtful comment as long as it is articulated well.
7. Any other rules/terms set by the Prize Partner(s) and/or Sponsor(s) for the month.
Terms & Conditions for the WINNER
- MUST Repost the Winner Announcement on the main IG Feed and mention the Hosts AND the Prize Partners in the caption (@username).
- After receiving the prize, Winner MUST post:
- AT LEAST THREE (3) separate Posts – Photo/Video/Album to their Instagram Feed (not stories).
- AT LEAST TWO (2) Stories.
- These posts and stories must be spread out over the course of a month, and must not be posted all together.
- Mention all @lifeofrealmoms and Prize Partners in the caption in each post.
- Use the Hashtag #LORM_Winners in each post.
- Winner may be required to post a detailed review of the product(s) on their blog (if winner has one) AND on Instagram.
- Any other T&C set by the Prize Partner(s) for the current month.